“Belt and Road” Master Program of Intellectual Property (B&R MIP)
Adhering to the spirit of the Silk Road “Peaceful cooperation, openness and tolerance, mutual learning and mutual learning, mutual benefit and win-win situation”, the Belt and Road Master Degree Program in Intellectual Property (hereinafter: B&R MIP) is aimed to strengthen the “The Belt and Road” countries’ knowledge of the Chinese system of intellectual property rights and mutual communications in the aspects of creation, practice, protection and management, as well as to promote the coordination of laws and policies on intellectual property rights among countries thereof. It will contribute to regional cooperation in greater range, higher and deeper level and establish a solid foundation for making a framework in regional intellectual property and innovation cooperation which is open, inclusive, balanced and beneficial for all. The Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and SIPO agree to entrust Tongji University to implement the B&R MIP Program since 2017.
The program is aimed to provide an international and innovative perspective for students to understanding the creation, practice, protection and service assurance of Intellectual Property. Students should grasp the knowledge of the concept of intellectual property rights, relevant laws, management, practical system and related content of International Intellectual Property Protection. Internationalization, practicality and interdiscipline are the three key features of the program.
Duration of Study: 2.5 years (among which the course duration is 1 year in China and the rest time is for practical training, thesis writing and online defense in China or student’s country. Students who complete the courses will obtained the Certificate of Courses by the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China and Tongji University; students who complete all the training program will be obtained the Master Degree in Law (LLM) and Diploma of Tongji University; the excellent students can apply for the graduation in advance, with 2 years of study at minimum.)
In China or student’s country
-Thesis writing and defense
-Complete all the courses
-Complete the thesis defense
-Published more than 1 paper (academic journals or academic conference)
√the Course Certificate by the SIPO and Tongji University
√Master Degree in Law (LLM) of Tongji University
√Diploma of Tongji University
Chinese Government IPR Scholarship Program (25 Persons/Year)
Note: Tuition, living expenses, accommodation, accidental injury and hospital medical insurance will be paid by the scholarship.
1. Above 18 years old, non-Chinese citizen in good health
2. Bachelor Degree, Master Degree obtained in the “One Belt One Road” countries and accredited by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China (no major limited)
3. Minimum 1 year work experience in Intellectual Property
4. English language proficiency: TOFEL, IELTS or other proof of English proficiency
Note: Since 2010, those who immigrated to other countries from the Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan and applying to study in Tongji University as international students, should satisfy the following additional requirements: the applicants must hold valid passport or other relevant international recognized documents for at least 4 years; meanwhile, in the latest 4 years (by each April 30th of the year of University registration), the applicants must live 2 years (Living overseas for 9 months can be converted to 1 year, which is subject to the exit-entry stamp on visa.).
1. Application Form for International Students of Tongji University with the applicant’s signature.
2. A photocopy of passport (pages with photo).
3. A photocopy of the bachelor/master degree certificate and diploma. If the certificate is not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated versions must be submitted.
Note: The certificate should be notarized by local Chinse Embassy of local Chinse Consulate (or foreign embassies or consulates in China).
4. Certificate of expected graduation issued by the university (for applicants who will be graduating from university before July only). The university diploma is required to be verified and notarized documents must be submitted at the registration.
5. Original or notarized academic transcripts (not a copy). If the academic transcripts are not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated document must be submitted.
Note: The transcript should be notarized by local Chinese Embassy or local Chinese Consulates (or foreign embassies or consulates in China)
6. Certification of English Proficiency
7. Recommendation letters from two professors of associate professors, in Chinese or English (signature and contact information are necessary).
8. Personal statement in English, around 1000 words for master candidates, including the study and work experience, academic research achievement, planned research proposal should be included and individual development objective after graduation.
9. Self-introduction video material for admission (ONLY required for selected applicants. Tongji University will inform these applicants of specific information soon after application period.)
10. Catalogue and abstract of published papers, and other documents that can prove the academic ability.
Note: In addition to the above application materials, the International Student Office of Tongji University may require applicant to provide supplementary materials, depending on the circumstances. Application documents will not be returned.
Application fee: 410RMB
Note: Application fee should be paid when applying the fee is non-refundable.
URL for the application procedure (English version):
Contact: Prof.Yu Xinmiao/Marina Kong, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 0086-21-65983113 Fax:0086-21-65983113;
Address: Room 1001, Zonghe Building, No.1239, Siping Road, Shanghai International College of Intellectual Property, Tongji University (SICIP), Shanghai 200092